Monday, December 19, 2016

🎄He is real. He lived. He died for us...and He lives again! I love my Savior.❤️

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Christmas is next Sunday. How fitting and how wonderful. I`m very excited. But I wanted to do something a little different than usual this week.

This week`s email won`t have any pictures. And I`m not going to talk about the weather, or funny things that happened, or anything else.

I want to dedicate my letter this week to the Savior.

I try to imagine sometimes what it was really like. I try to really see His story as it was. Sometimes I imagine myself standing nearby as the shepherds had the living daylights scared out of them by a choir of heavenly angels, and then realized that this was the day that their Messiah would be born. Sometimes I imagine myself sitting in the crowd as a 12 year old boy taught the scriptures better and clearer than the greatest scribes and teachers in Jérusalem. Sometimes I imagine myself walking through the fields in Galilee with the Twelve, following in His footsteps and listening as He taught about the purpose of our lives here and His love for us.

Sometimes I imagine what it would feel like as I walk with Him up the hill to Gethsemane, confused at His sadness and grief. Sometimes I try to see Him kneeling there in that garden, and wonder how He felt as He saw and thought of me. Sometimes I stand in the courtyard and listen as He is condemned to death by the very people who claim to represent Him. Sometimes I watch as He hangs between sinners on a crudely made wooden cross, and listen with tearful awe as words of forgiveness and selflessness flow from His lips.

I try to feel what Mary felt when she recognized it was really Him in the garden tomb, and at times I can almost hear her whisper of disbelief, "Rabboni?" My eyes lift with those of the Twelve to watch Him ascend again into heaven, and I can hear the angels calling out, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven." I can almost feel the courage and comprehension as Peter recognizes his calling when his Savior says, "Feed my sheep."

He is real. He lives. These stories, aren`t stories. They happened! He lived, He died for us, and He lives again! If you don`t know it for yourself, know that I know it! That I have felt it and that I know it! If you`re wondering if He cares, He does! If you`re wondering if He`s there, He is! 

Jesus is the Christ! He is the Messiah. He is our Savior. He is my Redeemer, and yours. That is an eternal truth and it will never change.

I love Him!

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

No comments :

Post a Comment