Monday, November 14, 2016

The Lord expects our best efforts...give it our all...even when it's hard. It's worth it!

Hey everybody!

So, it`s been kind of a tough week. Not too many fun expériences, but we did have a great zone conference with Elder Bennett of the Seventy. He came to visit our mission, and he reminded us how much we really have to put into this work if we want to see the miracles the Lord wants to give us, but makes conditional on our obedience.

I don`t have too much to say about this week, other than what my thoughts have been focused on since our meeting with Elder Bennett.

The Lord asks us only for things that He knows we can give, and He promises us that we will be blessed beyond measure for doing those things. I don`t know why it is sometimes so difficult for me to get up and get moving; I don`t know why I wake up sometimes without the desire to go out and talk to people. But I do. And I try to talk to as many people as I can. And sometimes there are days when opposition is real and people are cruel and it seems that no matter how big I try to smile and no matter how much I testify and no matter how many times I push through the fear and discouragement and talk to person after person, everybody I talk to just doesn`t care. There are days where I feel very, very ineffective. There are days where I don`t give it my all. There are days where I feel like my work doesn`t count for anything. And that hurts.

I have been reminded this week that the Lord expects our best. Every time I walk up to somebody, my success has absolutely nothing to do with their response.

He asks us to give it our all. And it`s hard. And there isn`t always an immediate outward result. The scripture doesn`t go, "If ye want immediate success, keep My commandments." Christ says, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments."

If we love Him.

I could spend the rest of my mission talking to thousands of uninterested people and it would be worth it. Because I love Him. I love Jesus Christ. He is my strength and my support. He is there for me when nobody else is, when nobody else could be.

We are effective, we are doing everything that could possibly be expected of us, if we love Christ so much that we will keep all of His commandments. If we do our best, it is always enough. And when we don`t, we repent, and we try again.

This gospel is real. It is true. It is incredible. And I love it.

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

No comments :

Post a Comment