Monday, August 29, 2016

Transferred! Playing hopscotch. Being out of our comfort zone is the most efficient way to grow our faith! Pics!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

.....hey guys!

So...

I'm being transferred. :( I have really loved Quebec and the time I have spent here. It is a very bittersweet time for me, because while I am incredibly excited for the time I will be able to spend in my new area, I will dearly miss everything about this area. These people and these missionaries I've served with have changed me so much for the better.

I am being transferred to Hochelaga Plateau, an area on the island of Montreal. Our truck Staci is being ripped away from me and I will now be on bus and metro. I am also receiving a new missionary, whose name I will not know until transfer day this Wednesday. If you could all do me a favor and pray for whoever this new elder is going to be... he's going to need it if he wants to survive being trained by me. :P This also means I am being dropped into an area without any knowledge of how things work (metros, members, how to not die in the big city, etc)(we call this being "flushed" into an area) and my companion will be just as clueless as me! So... cheers for being terrified! In case any of you are wondering, no, I have not really slept for the past few nights! :P

I really am excited. But I am also terrified.

Funny thing that happened this past week: we were walking in this area we're in fairly often and we were about to walk into this building when we came upon a very long hopskotch sidewalk. There was a couple mothers and their children sitting nearby and as we approached one of their children said that it was necessary that we follow the directions on the hopskotch. Basically, the directions were to do a catwalk for about 10 feet, then jump criss cross for another 10 feet, and then hop on one foot for about 20 feet. We kind of laughed, and then the moms told us that it was in fact necessary.

So both Elder Blackwelder and I proceeded to play a game of hopskotch. We made complete fools out of ourselves and it was hilarious. After we'd finished, we started talking to the mothers and they were much kinder to us than they'd originally seemed like they would be. Which was awesome! :)

I think in light of this new change in my mission life, one lesson I've heard during my mission continues to come to mind, and that is this: faith never grows when we are in our comfort zone.

The day before we were to get our transfer calls, I turned to my companion and said, "Elder, I've got a bad feeling that I'm going to be flush training in Montreal on bus and metro." And literally less than 24 hours later, my fears were confirmed. :) There are so many things that I don't know how to do and so many things that I'm worried about. In essence, I am VERY uncomfortable! And you know what? That is so awesome! Because being out of our comfort zone is the most efficient way to grow our faith! I was praying a few nights ago about this next week, hoping and begging that everything would go alright and we would be okay. And you know what? I know it will! Because while our Heavenly Father may send us into situations that are new and foreign and strange and awkward and sometimes really terrifying, He does not send us alone. 

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

While we may be worried, and while we may fear, we have to always remember that we never stand alone! :) I know it!

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

Sister and Brother Falardeau, Moi

 Moi, Brother Paradis 


1 comment :