Monday, November 2, 2015

Can't Wait for More Snow!! & Change is ALWAYS Possible.

Hello all!!!!

Still getting colder... but it hasn't snowed again yet. I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THAT.

Also... so.... Elder Boscan, my companion, goes home in seriously 9 days. It's kind of crazy because I remember three months ago when he said "three months is a super long time" and it feels like it has only been a couple weeks since then! Mission time is so insanely all over the place... I have no idea how to even describe it. Days feel like weeks, weeks feel like days, and the work goes on. I'm equally excited and terrified to have a new companion; what if he's super disobedient and wants to rob a bank or something? I'm wearing a tag with my name on it! I can't rob a bank!!

But seriously. It'll be something to have a new companion. We'll see how this goes. If I don't respond to your emails... he's probably left me in the snow somewhere. Send help.

I had an interesting experience this week. One of our investigators, Frederick, is in the hospital. He's fine, we don't know exactly what happened, but he's there. (No, we don't proselyte in hospitals. Pretty sure that's illegal... :P) Anyways, he's a little bit schizophrenic and he smokes and does some drugs... he's quite a character, to say the least. I promise, we don't just go around finding as many weirdos as possible. He just happened to be an old investigator from some past missionaries and we went to see him a while back. Anyways. So he's in the hospital. And we taught him a lesson and finished and he asked me to say the prayer because he needed to go smoke. Well. I started saying the prayer. And after about 20 seconds, in the middle of my sentence, he just throws out, "Amen." So... I closed my prayer. Frederick was literally jittering... he said, "I REALLY need to go smoke." And then we left. As soon as we got into the elevator, Elder Boscan and I BURST out laughing. It was quite an interesting time.

I have spent my last week or so studying how to better change myself to be more like the Savior. There's a scripture in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 3:19, that talks about overcoming the "natural man" - or the sin-loving part of us - and becoming a saint through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and trying to become like Him. I've really enjoyed the study. But I want to say one thing, short and sweet: We can change if we try. That's what the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for. Change is possible, and all it takes is continuous effort. If you've stopped working at it... start again! If you're currently working at it, keep working at it! I'm doing the same, and that's what this life is all about!

I love and miss you all! Be safe and never give up!

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

No comments :

Post a Comment