Monday, August 31, 2015

Exploding Eggs and Miracles (and more pictures)

Salut ma famille et mes amis!

Well. Victoriaville is going just awesome. I'm starting to really enjoy the work. Even though it's incredibly hard sometimes... it's also really fun and fulfilling because I know I'm doing exactly what He wants me to do.

An interesting fact about Victoriaville (and really all of Canada) is that many, many of its citizens are recent immigrants. We're teaching people from India, Columbia, Congo, Cameroon, Mexico, and many other countries around the world. It's crazy! Everybody speaks French a little different, and some don't speak it at all; they speak Spanish or Hindi or any number of other languages. It's so cool.

Something funny that happened this week: Elder Boscan blew up an egg. Or rather... he blew up three. I was studying in the other room when I heard an explosion... I walked into the kitchen to see the microwave totally destroyed. He'd tried to microwave an entire egg for like... three minutes. I laughed. A lot. Elder Boscan will eat ANYTHING. He doesn't really know how to cook, so he just microwaves whatever he feels like eating. It's probably not very healthy. So you can imagine my surprise when he stuck another egg in there. Followed by another. On the fourth egg, he found the maximum possible time to microwave his egg to keep it from exploding. It was 45 seconds. I'm not touching the eggs for a while. I'm also worried he's going to get us both killed.

I've seen numerous miracles this week, but I'll focus on just one for now. This week, we taught a man in our area named Frere Deodji. As we taught him, his wife picked up the Book of Mormon and started leafing through it. I noticed that and gave her one after the lesson. 30 minutes after we'd left, her son Merville (another of our investigators; he's planning to be baptized soon!) ran up to us and told her she'd just told him something. She'd said, "When I picked up that book... I felt something strange inside me. Something that told me to open it. And when I opened it, I felt like I never wanted to close it." THIS GOSPEL IS SO TRUE! While my mission is very difficult at times, and people don't always want to talk to us, I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that, as we read it, we will come to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a prophet on the earth today, whose name is Thomas S. Monson. I love this gospel, and I KNOW, with all my heart, that it is true.

I love you all so much. You are always in my prayers, and I miss you. Never stop moving forward!

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber
 
 Elder Boscan and I.

 The reservoir next to the town.

 Main street.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment