Monday, March 27, 2017

Bryan's latest letter from Montreal!: "I'm 20!!🎂 Excited to listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak this weekend...& you can too!❤️ Loads of pics!"

Hey everybody!!! :)

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. It means a lot to me to know that ya`ll remember that I no longer classify as a teenager. XD Nah, it was a great birthday. We got fed some good Haitian food for dinner and spent the rest of the day as we do every other day, which basically means every day is my birthday, right?!? How awesome is that?? :)

Unfortunately, I got a little bit of a bittersweet gift on Saturday night with transfers. The sweet part is that I will be staying in Hochelaga for at least six of my last twelve weeks! :) The bitter part is that Elder Colunga will *tears* be leaving for Cornwall. They grow up so fast!!! :P It`s super cool because his new companion will actually be my companion from the MTC, Elder Woo!! So that`s exciting. My new companion will be Elder Valencia, who was in my district for about 4 months way back when I was in Victoriaville. He actually goes home about a month after I do, which is interesting because both of us have been out for quite a while! It`s gonna be a ton of fun.

ALSO. I received not one, but TWO little lemurs in my Kinder Egg today. Do you know how happy that makes me?!? (For those of you who know me well, you will know that King Julian is my spirit animal.)

The main thing that has been on my mind this past week is General Conference!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I mean honestly, how could you not be excited to hear from modern prophets and apostles???? What would you give to be able to spend an hour with Peter or Paul or Moses or Abraham or Isaiah (actually, I think I`d need two hours with Isaiah because he`d have to spend the second hour explaining everything he said in the first hour). But we get way more than just an hour with modern-day prophets and apostles this Saturday and Sunday!! THAT IS SO COOL!!! Do I sound like I`m excited?!?! Because I am excited.

I was thinking a lot about how I`ve received answers to my questions so many times in past conférences. And in that light, I have an invitation for each one of you (and for those of you who were already planning on doing it, give yourself a pat on the back and avoid feeling too prideful). The way I will prepare for General Conference is that I will make a list of questions or topics that are on my mind, and I will carefully pick no more than three before the conference begins. I keep those three questions in my mind throughout each session of the conference, and every time one of my notes relates back to one or more of my questions, I connect it back to the question with a little number or something (I`m very organized.... it`s a problem). But my invitation is for each of you to do something similar: to pick out three or less questions or topics that you would like to understand better and to think about those while you watch or listen to General Conference. I promise you that you will get answers to every single one! It`s amazing!

"What the Lord have spoken, have spoken, and excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilledwhether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servantsit is the same." (Doctrine and Covenants 1:38)

I know we have a prophet and apostles today who are called by God to lead His Church! And for those of you who are wondering, my invitation is the same as that of the Savior to His disciples who were wondering if He truly was who He said He was: "Come and see!"

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber


Picture in front of the Montréal Temple! I am wearing my "Families Are Forever" tie from Grandma and Grandpa McOmber. The Mandarin speaking missionaries thought it was awesome!!​


 







Picture with Frere Ouédraogo. He is so dang awesome!! He came to the temple with us for the first time on Saturday!​












Got to go to Nicolas' baptism. He's such a boss! Elder Colunga and I were the missionaries who first showed up at his door when he asked to receive missionaries, and he was later taught by Elder Sykes and Elder Baldabinos, who were serving in the YSA. His baptism was awesome!!!​


I met my cousin on our trip to the Montréal Temple!! (Shoutout to Sister Libby`s family!!)​

​Lots of pictures of the Fleuve from a spot near one of our investigators' home.​

















 


Happy birthday to me! :)​




​I FOUND A CHOCOLATS FAVORIS ON EXCHANGES WITH ELDER SYKES AND I WAS SO HAPPY. Do you see that ice cream? Do you know what it's dipped in? S'mores. It was wonderful.

No comments :

Post a Comment