Tuesday, March 29, 2016

AWESOME Birthday! Can't wait to hear the prophet speak at General Conference THIS SUNDAY!


Hi guys!

So. Just so all of you know... I am not dead. We just had P-day on Tuesday this week because the Monday after Easter is a holiday here, so we were working. :) That's quite an interesting thing about being a missionary; we work hard every day except holidays. On those days, we work TWICE as hard. :P

This week has been eventful. For starters, I want to send my love and support to any who know those missionaries who were hurt in the attack in Belgium. I'm so glad no one was fatally injured. We have missionaries serving here in our zone from Belgium and I know they're really worried about it. It's a terrible thing when evil people commit acts of terrorism like this. I am very glad to know that justice will be done in the end; both on the end of the aggressors and on the end of the victims. All pain will be repaired by the Master, and all evil will be paid for. Death is not the end, and fear is not eternal. The Lord is in control.

I had an awesome birthday. Shoutout to Mom, Dad, Morgan, Colton and Kyle, as well as Uncle Del and Aunt Kari and their family; I loved your packages. :) I am going to gain a million pounds on my mission if I keep getting loved like this. :P The good news is the snow is melting (slowly but surely) so I'll be able to get out and run again.

Easter was cool. My companion and I sing in the choir here in the Quebec Ward, and we sang some really cool songs: "Seigneur, J'ai Tant Recu" and "Oui, Je Crois En Christ" were in French, and then we sang a beautiful song called "Consider The Lilies" in English. I love music, especially when I can sing for my Savior. It was an awesome Sunday.

Funny stuff that happened this week... well, yesterday, Elder Peery and I were about to get out of the car. He pulled the keys out of the ignition, but fumbled and dropped them between the middle console and the seat. He spent a good 3 or 4 minutes fishing around between the seat and the console to pull them out. I watched and waited for him to be done, and when he finally pulled them out, I asked for him to hand me our phone. He put it in my hand and I promptly dropped it into the same spot he'd dropped the keys. (I couldn't help it. :P) It took him a full few seconds to register what had happened, and then he just yelled, "YOU ARE SATAN!" and started fishing around for the phone. It was so perfect. XD I couldn't stop laughing for a full 5 minutes. Oh the joy of having a companion. Trust me, he dishes it out just as he takes it. :P

To finish, I just want to tell all of you how excited I am, and how excited you all should be, for this weekend! Think about it; a modern-day prophet, just like Moses or Elijah, and modern-day apostles, just like Peter and James and John and Paul, are going to "talk of Christ... rejoice in Christ... preach of Christ... [and] prophesy of Christ, that... [we] may know to what source [we] may look for a remission of [our] sins." (2 Nephi 25:26) Is that not the coolest thing EVER?!? What wouldn't you have given to sit at the feet of Peter and hear what he had to say about the Savior? Well, these prophets, seers and revelators fulfill the same roles; they are special witnesses of Christ, and their very existence testifies to the veracity of our claim that this IS The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Ephesians 4:11-14, speaking of the organization of Christ's church, states, "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ." This is the work these men do, and I know that they are men of God. I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and that He does lead it, through these prophets and apostles who will speak to us this Saturday and Sunday. I encourage all of you to watch General Conference this Saturday and Sunday (each of the four sessions), and to come to watch with a question in your mind, and that question WILL be answered through the Holy Ghost speaking to your heart, whether your question be, "Is this really Christ's Church?" or "How can I confront this latest struggle?" or anything else. You'll get your answer; I know it because I always get mine.

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

P.S. If you don't know where to find the broadcasts, just go to LDS.org on Saturday morning. Or ask one of your Latter-Day Saint friends; I know they'll be happy to invite you to watch with them! :)

P.P.S. But seriously. A PROPHET will be speaking. Is that not worth watching??? :)

The ice on the streams is melting! And hey... DUCKS! :)

 
The skyline in the fog. J

No comments :

Post a Comment