Monday, March 21, 2016

AMAZING French home-cooked meal! LOVE this video! Feeling the love of my Savior.


Hey everyone!

I ATE WITH FRENCH PEOPLE YESTERDAY AND IT WAS AMAZING.

So. A family in our ward from France invited us to eat with them last night. The mom and one of the sons are like... professional chefs. No joke. They went to school and everything. And oh dang was that a good meal. It was probably the best meal I've eaten on my mission. Crazy good. We started with the appetizer, which was some sort of chips, and some bread with this really good spinach/garlic sauce. (I know. I didn't think it would be all that good either... then I tasted it.) Then they brought in the entree, which was a central European dish called "choucroute." That means "cabbage crust." Sounds weird, right? It was actually super duper good. It was like these sausages slow cooked with a mixture similar to sauerkraut. Then we poured it over some potatoes and ate it with Dijon mustard. And then we felt really full. That's when they told us it was time for cheese. Hahaha. I love French people. They literally set aside a time in the meal for cheese. It's beautiful. They brought out several long baguettes and like four types of cheese. You basically just reached out, tore off a piece of a baguette, took a knife, cut off a slice of whichever cheese you might prefer, and then ate it. It was really good. Then we had some really good cakes for dessert. I was SO FULL leaving their house. It was awesome.

Funny stories from this week... well, the sister missionaries in our ward made Elder Peery and I planners. And the back of our planners had pictures of squirrels on them. They told us the squirrels reflected our personalities. My squirrel is sitting on a rock, holding a nut, and looking around, very confused. Yup. Thank you sisters. That's pretty much me. Elder Peery's is really close to the camera and like looks into your soul. Didn't know how to take that one. I'll show you pictures (if I remember XD).

Well, this week I gotta share the message we're sharing with everyone we possibly can! And that message is #AllĂ©lujia! :) (follow this link for an explanation in more detail :) https://www.mormon.org/easter)

I'd explain the video... but that would deprive you of the joy of watching it. So... first, go watch the video (again if you've already seen it). Then read the rest of this email! :)

Every time I watch this video, it hits me harder and I love it more and more. These scriptures that they quote are some of my very favorites of all time. And they remind me so easily of what this is all about, of why I'm here and who I'm here for. So that's what I'll share today.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that. With all of my heart and soul, I know that. He spent hours in agony in Gethsemane for me. He spent hours hanging on a cross for me. And after three days, His spirit rejoined His mortal body and He was resurrected. He lives today. And He is not far from any one of us.

And I love Him. I love Him so much. In every moment of trial, in every moment of fear or guilt or pain or suffering, He has been there for me. I have cried out with His disciples on the sea of Galilee, "Carest Thou not that I perish?" And I have felt His loving response of peace and calm in my own life. He cares for me. He is there for me. And He is there for every single one of His brothers and sisters here on the earth. You can NEVER fall farther than He can reach. His Atonement is perfect and incredible.

If you take anything out of this letter, let it be this:

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was, is, and ever will be the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind.

I know it.

En avant!
Elder Bryan McOmber

Baguettes and cheese. LE MEILLEUR!

Yup. That's just my personality.


Hahahaha. Perfect.

No comments :

Post a Comment