Monday, February 8, 2016

Adjusting... & He Is Always There

Hey all y'all people!

So. Yeah. I'm not dead yet.

Yet.

Quebec City is BIG. Like... really big. People are everywhere. And yet it also feels really small. How does that work? I don't know. Someone please explain this to me. Because I'm still trying to get used to life here. Also, Quebec City, which I will from now on refer to as just "Quebec" because adding in "city" is far too complicated, is like much colder than Victoriaville.

It's been a really long and short week. We had some crazy stuff happen, too. For example. There are two teams of missionaries serving in Quebec, ours and a team of sisters, Sister Clark (who was in the MTC with me! :)) and her greenie, Sister Paine. This past Thursday night, we ended up driving through the city at probably criminal speeds because a creepy man was apparently "waiting outside to kill the sisters." (According to them over the phone.) So that was fun. It's just been an interesting week.

I know this is a really short email... but I'll be better next week. Here's what I have to say to finish up.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL. When we aren't good enough, when we are confused or lost or scared or in any number of situations that pull us out of our comfort zone, we HAVE to remember that our Savior both understands and will help us. He is THERE. If you're wondering if that's true, trust me. It is. I could not be doing what I'm doing right now without Him. I'm simply not good enough. I'm not strong enough or loving enough or in any way capable of doing what I'm doing right now without His constant aid. He is my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my Friend. I love Him with all my heart, and I KNOW He lives. And I KNOW He will be there for me, and for you, and for all of us, through every second of triumph or trial.

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

No comments :

Post a Comment