Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Cocoa Puffs & Orange Juice. Sore but incredibly happy. Olaf and I have a lot in common... More pics!

Hey guys! :)

So it's been a very interesting week. As my companion and I visited the Montreal temple the Friday before last, we didn't have a normal P-day last week. And this week, our P-day was moved a day back because yesterday was a holiday here in Canada. So... IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN A P-DAY. Today is glorious! :)

I had a lovely experience during breakfast this past week. I was pouring myself a healthy nutritious breakfast of Cocoa Puffs. I had the cereal in the bowl, and an empty Tostitos salsa jar next to it for my daily dose of orange juice. I had the milk and orange juice out on the washing machine (we don't have much counter space, so we use the washer and dryer :P). I was thinking about something else and wasn't paying attention. And I picked up what I thought was the milk to pour in my Cocoa Puffs. Elder Peery was getting out of the shower when he heard from the kitchen, "Awwww mannnn...."

Suffice it to say, Cocoa Puffs aren't quite as tasty when you eat them in a bowl of orange juice. (I wasn't just gonna throw any of it away... I'm a starving missionary! :P)

Other funny things... well, I'm incredibly sore. I don't know if that's funny to me... but maybe for ya'll. We went on exchanges with the Sainte-Foy elders on Saturday, and Elder Noorda took me to do a service project. "We'll just be covering the garden with some dirt."

Well. We drove up to the Sainte-Foy branch president's house to find a giant hill of dirt on his grass. Turns out, he wanted us to cover his whole yard with a layer of dirt. Also, fun fact! His house is on a hill! Do you know what that means? That's right! Elder Noorda and I spent five hours filling wheelbarrows with dirt and carrying them up and down a hill while the sister missionaries raked it level. Man we worked hard. But it was actually super fun. :) But we were super exhausted. And I spent the majority of the weekend rubbing Deep Blue on my calves. :P Then, yesterday, we had the immense pleasure of helping a family in our ward move from their second-floor apartment to a third-floor apartment across the parking lot. That was loads of fun. :) I'm pretty sure my legs may need to be amputated, but no problem!

Honestly though, we had a super fun week. I really love these people who I'm serving with. I love this gospel and I love the fact that I get to share it here in Quebec. Sometimes it's miserably hard work, and sometimes I really just want to crawl into a corner and curl up in a ball. Sometimes people can be really mean. But this is the best thing that I have ever done and I wouldn't give up this chance for all the world.

I am a witness of the truthfulness of this gospel. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live, and that They love us. And that fact gives me more joy than I can even begin to explain! :)

I love all of you!

En avant!

Elder Bryan McOmber

P.S. It's warming up here. I feel like Olaf singing about summer. "Put me in summer and I'll be a.... happy Elder!" :)

True table tennis! :) 

 This was a super sweet picture if I do say so myself. Voici, Le Chateau Frontenac! :)

 A view of Vieux Quebec from the Fleuve. On my exchange I got to cross the river on a ferry! :)

 Downtown Quebec with the setting sun.


 Elder Noorda et moi! Super fun exchange!

 The Fleuve St-Laurent with rain approaching.

 The Fleuve St-Laurent with rain approaching.

 Hahaha. Elder Peery ate this block of sucre a la creme in one bite. (Basically a block of fudge, without chocolate and with a bunch more sugar. It's a Quebecois thing)

 A river near our apartment. Just got this from the car window. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment